How to Make Your Back Beautiful: 6 Ways
The back is often one of those parts of the body that we pay less attention to, either because we don’t usually see it or because it is difficult to reach during a beauty routine. However, the skin and muscles of this area are just as important, so we must give them the care they deserve.
5-Minute Crafts prepared a simple guide to a smooth and toned back.
1. Clean and exfoliate your back regularly.
It often happens that you hardly pay attention to your back when taking a bath or shower. However, cleansing and exfoliation are both very important to prevent your pores from clogging and to promote the production of collagen, an essential protein for healthy, youthful looking skin.
If necessary, use items such as brushes, sponges, or cloth strips to get better results. Just make sure they are soft enough not to cause irritation.
2. Don’t forget to moisturize.
Because hot water can remove moisture and natural oils from the skin, it is important to apply a moisturizing cream or lotion after showering. This will prevent dryness and promote blood circulation to your back.
For best results, choose products with nourishing ingredients that suit your needs, such as:
3. Avoid carrying a backpack.
Anything that constantly rubs your skin can cause irritation and promotes or worsens pimples and acne, so experts advise using purses or bags that don’t have contact with you back.
4. Change and wash your sheets weekly.
After several days of use, sheets and pillowcases accumulate a lot of dead cells and bacteria that can affect your skin, causing acne or other problems.
Wash your sheets once a week, opting for fragrance-free or delicate products if you already have signs of pimples, blackheads, or irritation.
5. Adopt a proper posture.
The correct alignment of your back, when standing or sitting, can have a great impact on your appearance, since the proper position of joints, bones and muscles will depend on it. It will also prevent pain and reduce the risk of injury.
Always maintain an upright position, contracting your abdomen and with your shoulders slightly back. Perform exercises that will help you improve in this aspect, such as the ones you will see below.
This exercise can be very useful if you spend a lot of time sitting, as it will help you open and stretch your chest. To do it:
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart. Clasp your hands behind your back, interlocking your fingers and maintaining a straight posture.
- Inhale and lift your chest up toward the ceiling. At the same time, stretch your hands towards the floor. Take a deep breath and hold this position for 5 breaths. Then relax your muscles and repeat 10 times.
- Lying with your stomach on the floor, press into your hands as you tuck your toes under your feet and lift your heels.
- Lift your knees and hips to bring your sitting bones up toward the ceiling.
- Bend your knees a little bit and straighten your spine.
- Tuck your chin all the way into your chest and keep your heels slightly lifted.
6. Exercise to tone your back.
In addition to helping you control your weight, eliminate localized fat, and strengthen bones and muscles, physical activity will allow you to have a slimmer back. Experts recommend exercising consistently, at least 30 minutes a day, 5 times a week.
Here is a very simple routine that can help you achieve a slim back free of “love handles”. Some of the exercises that will help are abdominal scissors, plank, mountain climber, and Russian twists.
5-Minute Crafts gets commissions for purchases made through links in this post.