How to Prepare Face Masks Using Coffee (3 Recipes)
If coffee is your ally when it’s time to wake up in the morning, it can also be your ally to enhance the beauty of your skin. Don’t throw away used ground coffee, as it has exfoliating and antioxidant properties that can help to make your skin soft, make it shine, and prevent premature aging.
5 Minutes Crafts brings you 3 types of face masks made with coffee and other simple ingredients for you to try at home. Consult your dermatologist before using any treatment.
1. Coffee and honey mask
- Mix 1 tablespoon of ground or instant coffee with 1 tablespoon of honey. You should end up with a homogeneous and thick paste.
- Apply evenly to the entire face, avoiding the area around the eyes.
3. Leave the mask on for 10 to 15 minutes.
4. Wipe your face with a damp towel.
2. Coffee and milk mask
With this mask made of coffee and milk, the complexion gets revitalized, moisturized, and softened. In addition, if applied by massaging it into the skin, it acts as a natural exfoliant by removing dead skin cells.
1. Form a paste by mixing 1 tablespoon of used ground coffee with 1 tablespoon of milk. If it is too thick or too liquid, add more milk or more coffee.
2. Spread the paste on your face, avoiding the eye area. As you apply the mask, gently massage your skin in circular motions.
3. Leave the mask on for approximately 20 minutes.
4. Then remove with warm water and apply your usual moisturizer.
3. Coffee and olive oil mask
Olive oil has moisturizing properties. These benefits, together with those of the coffee, give the facial skin firmness and hydration. It is also good for eliminating dark circles under the eyes, as it activates circulation in that area.
1. Mix equal amounts of olive oil and used coffee grounds to form a homogeneous, thick paste (1 tablespoon of each, for example).
2. Apply the mask evenly, massaging the skin gently. You can put a little on the dark circles under the eyes, being careful to not get it into your eyes.
3. Leave the mask on for 15 to 20 minutes.
4. Rinse your face with lukewarm water or a damp cloth.