How to Remove Blemishes and Get an Even Skin Tone
Dark spots on the skin can appear due to various factors, such as hormonal changes, acne, or the use of cosmetic products, resulting in an irregular and uneven appearance.
At 5-Minute Crafts we compiled some tips that can help you combat this condition.
1. Try apple cider vinegar
To use this natural ingredient:
- Mix 2 tablespoons of this vinegar and 2 tablespoons of water.
- Apply it on your dark spots and wait 3 minutes.
- Rinse with water at room temperature. Repeat twice a day.
2. Use aloe vera gel
Aloin, a compound in aloe vera, has been shown to be effective in lightening the skin and in the treatment of hyperpigmentation, a condition that results in the appearance of blemishes due to excess melanin.
To test this component:
- Apply pure aloe vera gel on the necessary areas before going to sleep.
- The next morning, rinse with warm water. Repeat daily until results are observed.
3. Apply black tea water
To use it, follow these steps:
- Pour 1 tablespoon of fresh black tea leaves in 1 cup of boiling distilled water. Let sit for 2 hours and strain the mixture into a cup.
- Soak a cotton ball in the water and apply it to the skin. For best results, repeat 6 days a week for one month.
4. Use a mask made of honey and red onion
There is evidence that red onion layers have been beneficial in skin lightening treatments. In addition, the extract of this natural ingredient, also known as Allium cepa, is used in creams and lotions to reduce scarring and pigmentation problems.
Make your own mask to remove small blemishes on the face:
- Blend 1 red onion until a homogeneous paste is formed. Then mix it with 2 tablespoons of honey and 1/2 cup of water.
- In the evening, after toning, apply to cleansed skin in circular motions. To see results, try to follow this procedure at least twice a week.
5. Try dairy products
Some dairy products like milk and buttermilk can help improve the skin’s appearance and pigmentation due to the lactic acid they contain. This compound is also used in peels and other professional treatments to reduce wrinkles.
Try this ingredient as follows:
- Soak a cotton ball in cow’s milk.
- Rub it on dark spots twice a day. For best results, repeat daily.
6. Don’t forget the sunscreen
Uneven skin tone can also be a consequence of sun exposure, with the face, hands, and arms generally being the most affected areas.
This is why it is very important to use sunscreen that is at least SPF 30, even on days when the sun does not seem to shine very brightly. At the same time, it is advisable to avoid exposure to UV rays between 10:00 and 15:00.
7. Avoid some beverages and foods
Certain foods and beverages can cause redness because they dilate blood vessels, resulting in an uneven appearance. At the same time, some foods, like products that are high in sugar, can promote the development of wrinkles or spots.
Because of this, it is recommended to reduce or avoid the consumption of:
- Spicy condiments
- Sweets and sweet snacks
- Highly processed or fatty foods, like potato chips
Opt for foods that are rich in vitamin C. This antioxidant can help protect your skin from free radical damage. To do this, eat fruits like oranges, strawberries, and kiwis.
Niacin, on the other hand, is a nutrient that can reduce wrinkles, restore color, and improve your appearance through hydration. You can find it in peas, mushrooms, and tuna.