How to Smell Good All Day
Smelling good isn’t just a sign that you care about personal hygiene, but it can also boost your self-confidence around other people. Although your body naturally releases unpleasant odors, there are some things you can do to mask these smells to feel confident.
5-Minute Crafts will show you different ways to ensure you maintain a pleasant aroma all day long.
1. Keep yourself clean.
First of all, it’s important to remember that hygiene can have a lot to do with how you smell. Therefore, it’s advisable to keep your body clean by showering once a day or washing those spots that tend to sweat more, such as your armpits, groin, and buttock area. Go for a scented body wash so that your skin smells good afterward.
💡 After showering, you should always let your body dry off and cool down before putting on clothes. Getting dressed too soon can make you sweat right away, erasing that fresh smell from your body.
2. Make your clothes smell nice.
Don’t forget to keep your clothes smelling fresh by washing them regularly. You can also follow these recommendations to ensure that your garments have a pleasant scent:
- Spray a good-smelling scent over cotton balls and put them in your drawers along with your clothes.
- While doing laundry, boost the fragrance of your clothes by adding 10 to 20 drops of your favorite essential oil to the wash.
- Dissolve a scoop of baking soda in the wash water. This may help you remove extra dirt from your clothes. However, you must be careful when using it as it’s also known for its whitening properties.
3. Never skip your deodorant or antiperspirant.
This may be one of the simplest ways to avoid body odor and sweat. Choose the product that meets your hygiene goals and make sure you use it daily. Remember that deodorant will protect you from bad smells, while antiperspirant will prevent sweat.
If you want to make your antiperspirant more effective, apply it at night rather than in the morning. This will give the formula more time to enter your skin’s pores and handle odor and sweat better the following day.
💡 Reapply antiperspirant or deodorant if you need to. Always keep spare deodorant in your purse, at the office, or any other place that allows you to easily access it when you’re out.
4. Apply perfume the right way to make it last longer.
Keep in mind the following pieces of advice to ensure that your fragrance lasts:
- Spritz your perfume onto your hairbrush and brush your dry hair afterward. Avoid spraying it directly onto your hair as it can damage your roots and locks.
- Apply scents to pulse points, like the wrists, behind the knees, the small of the back, the crooks of the elbows, and the back of the neck. This will allow the scent to be released naturally as your body warms up.
- Pick a roll-on version of your cologne. A rollerball will allow you to get the fragrance onto the right spot instead of over spraying it.
- Wait for your fragrance to seal in before you leave by applying it early during your beauty routine. This way, you will give your perfume time to dry and prevent wind and air from ripping it off.
When applying perfume, avoid rubbing your skin to ensure that the fragrance has been locked in. This motion can affect the notes of your scent and change the way it smells.
For instance, if you’ve sprayed some perfume onto your wrists and you don’t have enough time to wait for it dry, lightly press your wrists together several times instead of rubbing them.
If you want to take your perfume with you to reapply it throughout the day, avoid using travel-sized or full bottles as this can decrease the quality of the fragrance.
Instead, spray some cotton balls with your favorite scent, put them in a plastic bag, and keep them in your purse or bag. If you feel like you need to restore your fragrance, simply pat one of these cotton balls on a pulse point.
5. Use scented moisturizers correctly.
Whenever you want to moisturize your skin, go for scented creams, lotions, or oils. Make the fragrance last longer by applying the product to your skin right after showering and removing excess water.
💡 You can create your own perfumed lotion by mixing a few drops of your favorite fragrance with an unscented lotion. This way, you won’t need to pair products with matching scents.
6. Don’t forget about your feet.
Keep your feet clean by washing them once a day with antibacterial soap. Afterward, make sure that they are completely dry, especially in between your toes.
You can also use shoe spray to give your feet a pleasant aroma, especially during hot weather. Moreover, it’s advisable to consider this tip when wearing shoes without socks. Even if you’re feet don’t tend to exude odors, the reaction between your skin and the shoe material can make them smell bad.
❗ Don’t wear the same pair of shoes for 2 consecutive days. This will give them time to dry out if your feet have been sweaty.