How to Use a Facial Roller Properly
The jade roller or facial roller has become a popular tool in the facial care routine. Some of its benefits include reducing puffiness and relaxing muscles, both of which are very important when it comes to looking fresh and radiant.
5-Minute Crafts has prepared a practical guide on how to use this tool properly.
1. Prepare your face
To reduce puffiness and refresh your skin right after you wake up, it is recommended to perform the following beauty treatment in the morning:
- Cool the roller: Remember to keep it in the refrigerator through the night to speed up this process. Otherwise, you’ll have to wait for it to cool for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cleanse your face: You can follow your normal cleansing routine, making sure to remove all dirt before you begin.
- Apply a serum or moisturizing lotion: The movement of the roller can help these products absorb better into your skin.
2. Start massaging
- For best results, gently roll the roller 10 to 20 times over each part of your face, but make sure not to exert too much pressure to avoid irritating the skin. It’s better to move from the center outward to encourage fluid drainage.
- Start by moving the roller from the center of your forehead to just below the hairline toward your ears. Continue in this area focusing on expression lines and frown lines.
- Use the small roller to massage the upper and lower eyelids, working from the inner corner of the eyes outward.
- Due to the sensitivity of this area, be sure to use medium to low pressure.
- With the large roller, massage from the nose toward the ears.
- Then, follow with the upper and lower lips in an inward and outward motion. For convenience, use the small roller for this step.
- Keep stroking from the lower chin line toward the earlobe, following the contour of the jaw.
- Move from the chin toward the cheeks in an upward motion.
- Then massage from the chin toward the neck in a downward motion toward the collarbone.
3. Clean your roller
- Prepare a mixture of warm water and neutral soap.
- Wash the roller carefully. You can also soak it for a few minutes for a deeper cleaning.
- Remove excess water with a clean towel, without scrubbing. Then, leave it on the towel until it’s completely dry.
- Store it wrapped in a piece of cloth or in a separate bag, in a place that is free of moisture and heat.
Tips and suggestions
- Choose the right material: To prevent your roller from harboring bacteria that can cause allergies or other skin problems, make sure it has a smooth, non-porous surface.
- Exercise adequate pressure: When you roll the roller over your face, you should not feel any pain or force.
- Consult a specialist: Although this implement is suitable for almost all skin types, it is advisable to visit a dermatologist to identify any condition that contraindicates its use.