How to Use a Hair Filler
Hair filler is a hair product that can easily be used at home that will help you see a significant effect after its first use. Thanks to special components in its composition, fillers can smoothen hair, make it more lively and shiny, and ease combing and styling routines.
5-Minute Crafts is going to tell you all about hair fillers and teach you how to use this product correctly.
How a filler works
Oftentimes, our hair gets damaged and becomes lackluster and brittle as we dye it, lighten it, and give it improper care. Under the influence of external factors, the hair scales begin to flake off, which makes the hair porous, brittle, and hard to comb.
How to use a hair filler
Take note that the way you use a filler may vary slightly from manufacturer to manufacturer. So we’re giving you an approximate scheme of actions.
1 ampule of a filler (which will be enough for hair of medium length and thickness)
About 1 tbsp of water
A plastic or glass bowl
A shower cap or a big plastic bag
A thermal hat or blow dryer (optional)
Actions to take:
1. Wash your hair with shampoo like normal, but don’t apply a hair balm or mask afterward.
2. Dry about 90% of your hair to keep it slightly wet.
3. Pour the filler and some cool water at a ratio of 1:1 into the bowl. Keep mixing until it becomes creamy.
4. Apply the product to your hair. Avoid getting the filler on the roots in order not to weigh them down. Pay special attention to the ends of your hair.
5. Put on a shower cap or wrap your hair with a big plastic bag.
6. Leave it on your hair for 15-20 minutes.
7. Though filler manufacturers don’t report the effects heat has on the product, some sellers and fans of this procedure claim that warming the head with a hairdryer or a thermal hat make it easier for the active ingredients to penetrate into the hair.
In order to check this hack, try warming your hair with the help of a thermal hat or a blow dryer for 10-15 minutes after you apply the filler.
7. Rinse your hair with warm water without using shampoo, and dry your hair how you normally do.
An important note: Despite the fact that the effect from the filler will be noticeable on your hair after the first time you use it, it’s still better to use ampules, one at a time, to improve the condition of your hair significantly.