How to Use Dry Shampoo Right
Washing your hair every day might be quite hard. And in some cases (like during a long trip), it’s impossible. But you can use dry shampoo to keep your locks fresh. You just need to know some basic rules to see a noticeable effect just a few minutes after you use it.
5-Minute Crafts is going to prove that using dry shampoo is not hard at all, and you’ll find out how to achieve the best results when using it.
How to use dry shampoo to freshen up your hair
1. Part your hair into small sections using a comb. You can fix the hair temporarily using hairpins and then apply dry shampoo to all the sections at the same time.
2. Shake the spray can to prevent uneven shampoo distribution. The spray should be about 20 cm away from your head. In short intervals, start spraying the product on the roots of the hair. Make sure you don’t miss any spots.
3. When you apply the shampoo to all the areas, let the hair down and massage it. The product will absorb the dirt and grease this way. Also, you can leave the product on your hair for a few minutes before the massage to make the effect even better.
4. If you’re worried about the white spots on your hair after applying the dry shampoo, use a massage brush. It will remove the excess product.
Other ways of using dry shampoo
- Spray dry shampoo on the hair — not only on the roots but also on the middle. It will make the hair look more voluminous.
- Put the shampoo on the hair before styling it. The dry shampoo particles will help the hair remain stable for a longer time.
- Try using dry shampoo to battle greasy hair. Before going to sleep, apply it to the roots. It’s a preventative measure so you’ll wake up with clean hair in the morning.
Dry shampoo mistakes
- Don’t apply dry shampoo to wet hair.
The powder will turn into a paste when it comes into contact with water.
- Don’t put the spray too close to the roots.
If you apply it by keeping the spray too close, there will be too much visible powder. Don’t spray it any closer than 15 cm away from the hair.
- Don’t use dry shampoo too often in winter.
The products that remove dirt and grease can make the scalp too dry. Don’t use dry shampoo too much no matter how great it is.