How to Make a Baby Burp Fast
Although it’s not always the case, most babies will need to be burped at some point so that they don’t get air and gas trapped, wich can result in pain. 5-Minute Crafts has listed 3 ways to make your baby burp quickly as well as things that you should keep in mind when doing it.
Ways to burp your baby
- Hold the baby so their chin is resting on your shoulder.
- Support their bottom with your hand.
- Gently rub or pat their back with your other hand.
- Sit the baby on your lap in an upright position, facing away from you.
- Lean the baby forward and use one hand to support their chest and head — your palm should support the baby’s chest and your fingers will gently support the chin and jaw.
- Rub or pat their back gently with your other hand.
- Lay the baby on your legs, facing down across your knees.
- Support the baby’s jaw and chin with one hand.
- Keep the baby’s head slightly higher than the body.
- Rub or pat the baby’s back gently with your other hand.
Things to keep in mind when trying to make your baby burp
1. Don’t force the baby to burp.
Baby’s don’t have to burp after every single meal. Some babies burp a lot while others rarely do. You can always try to make them burp but don’t force it — do it gently as recommended.
2. Make use of a burp cloth if needed.
When burping your baby, they might bring some milk up. If you see this is the case, you can always use a burp cloth so your clothes don’t get dirty.
3. Don’t stick to one position.
If your baby doesn’t burp in one of the positions after a few minutes, try the other 2 to see if they work. If none work, it’s okay — the baby may not need to burp at this time.