How to Grow Long and Healthy Hair
The key to quick hair growth is to have healthier hair in the first place. So, 5-Minute Crafts wants to highlight the dos and don’ts, the diet requirements, oil treatments, and a lot more below to help you have longer and shinier hair.
Dos and Don’ts
- Putting your hair in a tight pony tail may pull your hair and cause the strands to fall out or break. So you should loosen up your hairstyle and use soft smooth elastics to tie it up.
- Metal brushes or combs are harmful to your hair. Instead, use a double-set wide-tooth comb made of wood. They go easy on your hair and keep your scalp healthy by boosting blood circulation.
- Wet hair tends to break easily, hence, avoid covering your head with a towel for a longer period of time and instead try to dry your hair gently with a towel from root to tip.
- Air drying is the best way to dry your hair, using heat tools like hairdryers, straighteners, and curlers will affect your hair roots as well as the growth.
- Having a proper diet and exercise regimen is always your best bet, you should concentrate on avoiding fatty foods.
- Loading your diet up with Vitamin A can surely do wonders for your hair growth. Try adding dairy products, carrots, and spinach to your diet.
- Proteins are a must-have in every diet imaginable for their endless benefits. Protein is abundant in foods like eggs, oats, dairy products, lean beef, and tuna.
- Vitamin C is another dietary best friend that is beneficial for healthy hair growth. Include guava, black currants, kiwi, citrus fruits, strawberries, and sweet yellow peppers.
- Foods rich in iron do wonders for your body and are also great for your hair growth. You can start consuming lentils, beans, peas, cashews, shellfish, red meat, and turkey to get the maximum benefits.
Oils are one of the best ways to promote hair growth, strength, and shine. They are also very easy to use. Here are the oil treatments that can help you achieve healthier and faster hair growth.
- Mix a few drops of lavender oil into 3 tablespoons of carrier oil, like olive oil or melted coconut oil, and apply it directly to your scalp. Leave it on for 10 minutes before washing it off.
- 2 drops of peppermint essential oil mixed with the carrier oil of your choice applied to your scalp would quicken your hair growth. Leave it on for 5 minutes before rinsing it off with shampoo and conditioner.
- Mix a few drops of rosemary oil with olive or coconut oil, and apply it to your scalp. Leave it for 10 minutes before shampooing it off.
- A few drops of cedarwood essential oil mixed with 2 tablespoons of olive or coconut oil massaged on your scalp will leave your hair healthy. Leave it on for 10 minutes before washing it off.
- Add 10 drops of tea tree essential oil into your shampoo or conditioner and use it daily. Apart from hair growth, it helps in removing dandruff too.
Other healthy treatments
- Exercising makes your body flush out a lot of toxins and unclogs the hair follicles, which makes space for new hair to grow.
- Scalp massage triggers the blood vessels beneath our skin which helps in promoting healthy hair growth.
- Acupuncture stimulates the hair follicles, nerves, and blood vessels to make your hair grow faster.
- Hanging your head upside down, also called the inversion method, helps in activating blood vessels as well as redirecting the blood flow to the scalp for effective hair growth.