How to Put In and Take Out Contact Lenses
To avoid eye infections and wear contact lenses comfortably, you have to handle them in the proper way. 5-Minute Crafts wants to help you with this by showing you a short guide on how to insert lenses and remove them from your eyes.
✅ When handling your lenses, do this over a clean flat surface. If you put them in or take them out over a sink, put the plug in it, in case you drop the lens.
How to put contact lenses in:
1. Take the case with your lenses and pour the old solution with the lens for your right eye into the palm of your left hand.
2. Then gently take the lens with the tip of your right index finger.
✅ Always start with the lens for your right eye, so you won’t mix them up.
⛔ If the lens looks like a lid and its edge curves outward, it means that the lens is inside out and you should flip it.
✅ If it looks like a bowl with straight edges, everything is alright.
4. Hold down the lower lid of your right eye with your right hand and your upper eyelid with your left hand.
8. Open your eye and blink a few times.
9. Look in a mirror to check and see if the lens is centered on your eye. Now your eye should feel comfortable and you should be able to see clearly.
10. Lastly, repeat all the steps with your left eye.
✅ If you wear makeup, always put in your lenses first, then apply your cosmetics.
How to take contact lenses out:
1. Take your lens case and rinse it with fresh solution.
⛔ Never rinse your contact lenses or lens case with tap water.
2. Look up and gently pull down the lower eyelid of your right eye with the middle finger of your right hand.
3. Bring the index finger of your right hand close to your right eye until you touch the lower edge of the lens.
4. Slide the lens down to the lower white part of your eye.
5. Then gently squeeze the lens between your thumb and index finger to remove it from your eye.
6. Put the lens into the palm of your left hand, pour some solution on it and gently clean it with the index finger of your right hand for about 30 seconds to remove any mucus, dirt, and oil.