How to Take Care of Your Nails
Cleaning and taking care of your nails takes more than just scrubbing them with soap. You’ve also got to keep in mind they’re dirty in places that are hard-to-reach or even see. Habits like biting them won’t help either. With this in mind, 5-Minute Crafts wants to share with you a few tips that can help keep your nails healthy and shiny.
1. Make sure they’re trimmed.
- Doing this may reduce the amount of dirt and bacteria your nails collect throughout your daily routine.
2. Scrub underneath your nails.
- Using a nail brush might make this easier. Otherwise, a mix of water and soap whenever you wash your hands can also work. Make sure to scrub underneath them.
Note: If you don’t have a nail brush at hand, you can use a mascara brush instead.
3. Use a washcloth
- Clean around your cuticles and under your fingernails.
Note: Make sure to wash the cloth after every single use.
4. Avoid sharing your tools.
- Your chances of catching an infection might reduce if you don’t share your tools.
5. Don’t bite your nails.
- This, alongside picking at your cuticles, may damage your nail bed. Not doing it might prevent fungi, as well as bacteria, from entering it.
6. Dry your hands properly.
- Water might not soften your nails as much if you dry your hands, which also reduces the chance of an infection.
Bonus: Clean your nails with toothpaste
- You’ll need to place a small portion of toothpaste in each one of your nails.
- Then, brush them a bit with the help of a toothbrush.
- Once you’re done, wash the toothpaste off.