7 Ways to Get Rid of Ants in Your House
Ants might cause a lot of damage to your house as they can ruin your furniture, spoil your food, and can sometimes even bite you. 5-Minute Crafts will show you several effective ways to get rid of them naturally and safely.
1. Cinnamon leaf essential oil
- Take some cotton balls and saturate them with cinnamon leaf essential oil.
- Place the cotton balls in the places where you’ve seen ants.
- Take a pepper shaker filled with black pepper or red (cayenne) pepper.
- Sprinkle some of it around the baseboards, windowsills, behind appliances, and in all other areas infested with ants.
3. Peppermint essential oil
- Mix 10-20 drops of peppermint essential oil with 2 cups of water.
- Spray this mixture around the baseboards and windowsills of your home. Then let it dry.
- Repeat the procedure twice a day.
- Take a cup filled with warm water and a few orange peels.
- Make a paste by mixing the water and the peels in a blender.
- Spread the paste around the places where ants can enter your house.
5. White vinegar
- Take a spray bottle and add 1/4 cup of white vinegar and 1/4 cup of water to it.
- Shake the mixture in the bottle well and then spray it directly on the ants.
- You should also spray the mixture around your baseboards, windowsills, doorways, and other places where you see ants coming inside.
- Repeat the procedure every few days until the ants are completely gone.
6. Coffee grounds
- Brew your coffee as usual but save some of the used coffee grounds.
- While the grounds are still wet, sprinkle some of them around pet bowls and other areas that can attract ants.
- Once the coffee grounds are dry, change them out for new ones.
7. Baking soda + powdered sugar
- Mix 1 part baking soda and 1 part powdered sugar in a bowl.
- Then put the mixture in several shallow lids and place them in the areas where you’ve seen ants.
Share This Article