How to Clean a Bathroom: 7 Effective Tips
Cleaning your bathroom isn’t the most exciting task in the world, but if you know the right techniques, you can significantly speed up the process. 5-Minute Crafts found 7 unusual ways to remove dirt, rust, and other types of stains from your bathroom and is ready to show them to you.
1. Removing rust with ketchup
- Apply some ketchup to the surface with rust. This trick works best on small rust spots.
- Thoroughly rub the surface with a sponge to remove the rust.
- Take a piece of soft cloth and remove the remaining ketchup.
- You’ve finished! It’s time to compare the results.
2. Cleaning the tap with lemon
- If the impurities don’t come off easily when you try to remove them with a sponge, don’t use harsh abrasives as not to ruin the tap’s coating.
- Take half of a lemon and rub the tap with it. Make sure that the lemon you use is juicy and that you apply enough lemon juice to the tap.
- Take a piece of soft cloth or a paper towel and remove the impurities and the remaining lemon juice.
- Enjoy the result!
3. Getting rid of dark spots in the corners of your bathtub
- Pour 1 tsp of baking soda into a glass bowl.
- Add some bleach to it. The bleach should cover the baking soda completely. Be careful and don’t let any bleach get onto your skin. It’s better to wear a pair of rubber gloves.
- Take cotton pads and soak them in the solution.
- Place the soaked cotton pads on the contaminated surface. It’s better to try this trick on a spot that isn’t very visible first to check how the material will react to the solution, just in case.
- Rub the contamination with cotton pads.
- Wash off the solution with water and wipe the surface with a piece of soft cloth.
7. Enjoy the result!
4. Preventing the bathroom mirror from fogging
- Clean the mirror of any excessive moisture.
- Apply some shaving cream to the mirror.
- Distribute it evenly on the surface and let it sit for a minute.
- Wipe the cream off with a piece of soft cloth and enjoy the result.
5. Cleaning the showerhead with vinegar
- Take a showerhead and place it in a plastic bag filled with vinegar.
- Seal the bag tightly.
- Wait for 20 minutes.
- Remove the bag of vinegar, rinse the showerhead off with water, and enjoy the result.
6. Using a soap and Sprite mixture to clean your toilet
- Take a bar of soap and grate it. The amount of soap you need depends on how much of the cleaning mixture you’ll need.
- Put the grated soap in a bowl and pour some Sprite over it. The Sprite should cover the soap completely.
- Add some water.
- Mix the ingredients well.
- Pour the mixture into a spray bottle and apply it to the toilet.
- Wait for some time, scrub the toilet with a brush if necessary, and flush to remove the contamination.
7. Making white tiles brighter with lemon juice
- Take half of the lemon and apply some baking soda to it.
- Thoroughly rub the tile with the lemon and baking soda.
- Wash the mixture and the contamination off with water.
- Enjoy the result.