How to Put on a Duvet Cover
Setting up a fresh duvet cover is a difficult and time-consuming task, but 5-Minute Crafts will show you 2 step-by-step guides to make this process a bit easier.
1. The traditional method
1. Lay your duvet (or blanket) on the top of your bed.
2. Take your duvet cover and turn it inside out.
3. Insert your hands inside the cover and find its 2 top corners. Hold one corner in each hand.
4. With your hands still holding the corners of the duvet cover, reach down and grab the 2 top corners of your blanket.
5. Holding the 2 top corners of the blanket tightly, flip the duvet cover over the blanket so that its front side faces outward.
6. Give it a good shake for the duvet cover to fall down and cover most of the blanket.
7. Pull the duvet cover down with your hands and stuff the 2 bottom corners of the blanket inside the duvet cover as well.
8. When everything is aligned properly, zip the cover up.
9. Now you can place the blanket on your bed!
2. The burrito method
1. Take your duvet cover and turn it inside out.
2. Lay the duvet cover on your bed with its opening at the bottom of the bed. Make sure that it is unzipped.
3. Take your duvet (or blanket) and place it on top of the duvet cover. Make sure that all the corners and edges are aligned properly.
4. Once your duvet and duvet cover are aligned properly, stand at the top of your bed and start rolling them together toward the bottom of your bed. As you roll, adjust all the edges and make sure that they are rolled together.
5. When everything is completely rolled up, grab the opening of your duvet cover and pull it right side out, over the roll.
6. Zip up the duvet cover to create a burrito.
7. Place the roll on your bed with the zipper enclosure at the bottom of the bed.
8. Start unrolling your duvet from inside the cover. The unrolling motion should be a mixture of unrolling and pulling apart the duvet cover from the roll.
9. Once the unrolling process is complete, give the duvet cover a few shakes to smooth it down.
10. Now you can place it on your bed!