How to Make the Most of Your Hotel Stay
No matter where you travel, your hotel room has the power to make or break your trip. So, to ensure you have a comfortable stay, 5-Minute Crafts is highlighting some tips to help you make the most of your hotel experience.
1. Stay at central hotels.
Instead of traveling on costly public transportation, it’s better to book a hotel room in a central location that’s accessible to all the places you want to visit. This will help you save a lot of money when traveling from one spot to another.
2. Inform the hotel in advance if you have specific requests.
3. Ask for a corner room.
Corner rooms have more space, better views, and sometimes a bigger bathroom too. So feel free to ask the front desk if they could give you a corner room.
- You can also try asking for a room on the top floor to keep the noise at bay.
4. Ask for 2 key cards, even when traveling solo.
When you check in, ask the front desk for 2 keycards. One can be kept in the slot and another key with you when heading out. This tip comes in handy when you want to keep your room at the perfect temperature.
- We’d recommend keeping the power on at all times only when necessary. Keeping it on for hours would definitely have an impact on the environment.
5. Don’t use the “clean room” sign.
Instead, put up the “do not disturb” sign. This indicates that you’re still in the room and don’t want anyone to barge in while you’re gone. This sign also comes in handy for those who don’t want their room cleaned in their absence.
6. Create your own sound booster.
If you love amplifying your music, simply place your phone inside a mug or glass available in your hotel room and explore the acoustics of your favorite songs.
7. Make good use of the shower caps.
Shower caps are one of the most underrated hotel bathroom items. Place your dirty shoes in a shower cap to keep your clothes clean when packing your suitcase, and wrap another one around the TV remote control if you’re particular about cleanliness.