10 Alternative Uses for Hair Products
Many of us have various hair care products in our bathroom that help us to keep our hair healthy and shiny. But those same items can also be used to solve small household problems.
5-Minute Crafts listed some alternative uses for conditioner, baby shampoo, and hairspray that you might find useful at home.
1. Make a sweater bigger
1. Fill a bowl with warm water. Add 1/3 cup of hair conditioner. Immerse the sweater in the solution and let sit for 10 minutes.
2. Remove the water and wring out the sweater, avoiding twisting. Lay the garment on a towel and smooth it out. Roll it up in the towel to remove some more moisture. Carefully unroll and stretch the sweater.
3. When you see that the garment has reached the desired size, let it air dry on a flat surface.
2. Improvised shaving cream
1. Place a small amount of hair conditioner in the palm of your hand.
2. Spread it on your legs or underarms and shave as usual. The ingredients in this product will help make shaving smooth and effective.
3. Cleanse your face with an emergency make-up remover.
1. Place a drop of your hair conditioner on a cotton pad.
2. Gently wipe your face until all the traces of makeup are removed. Finally, rinse your face with water.
4. Clean your metal jewelry
1. Mix 2-3 drops of mild shampoo with 3 drops of water. Use a soft toothbrush and clean the dirt by applying a little pressure.
2. Rinse with cool water and pat the jewelry dry with a clean cloth.
5. Release jammed zippers
1. If you are using a shampoo in its dry form (aka shampoo bar) you can use that to lubricate the stuck zipper.
6. Remove stains from white garments
1. Rub a little shampoo on the yellow stains that remain in the armpits of white garments.
2. Let the garment soak for 30 minutes. Then wash it with water and dry it as usual.
7. Keep leather bags looking like new
1. Mix one drop of baby shampoo with 230 to 350 cc of water. Soak a microfiber cloth in the solution.
2. Clean the leather bag gently, paying special attention to those areas that you touch the most, like the handles and the zipper.
8. Prevent your heels from slipping out of your shoes.
1. Spray shoes with hairspray and let the hairspray dry. Then you can wear the shoe without it coming off the foot.
2. You can also apply hairspray on the sole and prevent the shoe from slipping on certain surfaces.
9. Remove pet hair from your clothes.
1. Spray the garment or upholstery where the pet hair is present with hairspray. Allow it to dry.
2. Brush the area until all the pet hair is removed. For the best result, you can vacuum the fabric.
10. Easily thread a needle
1. Using hairspray, spray the tip of the strand you are going to use. Wait until it hardens.
2. Thread the needle smoothly.