8 Ways to Clean Glass and Windows
Glass and crystal generally become cloudy when they are dusty and stained with liquid. Even after washing, mineral and scale residues present in tap water can give the impression that they’re still dirty. Cleaning your glass objects frequently is, of course, key to preserving them in their best state. But doing so in a good way is even better.
5-Minute Crafts shows you different methods that will help you keep your glass and crystal clean and shiny.
Method 1: Water and vinegar
- Wash the glass with plenty of warm water and liquid dish soap.
- In a container, mix the water and vinegar. Soak the glass object in the solution.
- Take it out and let it dry on a clean towel.
Method 2: Water and newspaper
- With the help of a spray bottle, spray a bit of soapy water on the object.
- Rub with a ball of newspaper.
- Repeat as many times as necessary until the glass becomes shiny and clean.
Method 3: Toothpaste and powdered detergent
- In a bowl, put approximately one tablespoon of toothpaste.
- Add the same amount of powdered detergent.
- Mix well until you get a paste-like consistency.
- Apply on the glass and clean with a microfiber cloth.
Method 4: Tea
- Pour warm tea in a spray bottle.
- Spray abundantly on the glass object.
- Rub with a cloth until it becomes shiny.
Method 5: Lemon peels
- If the glass of your teapot or electric kettle has scale on it, boil water with lemon peels.
- Remove the liquid. Wash gently with detergent.
- It will be as good as new.
Method 6: Orange peels with vinegar
- Place orange peels in a container. Fill it with vinegar. Cover it and let it rest for 2 weeks.
- Pour the mixture into a spray bottle with water.
- Use it every time you need to clean glass objects or windows.
Method 7: Water and antiseptic alcohol
If you want to remove fingerprints from your glasses or other glass objects, mix one cup of water with one cup of antiseptic alcohol. Place the liquid in a spray bottle. Apply and rub it with a microfiber cloth.
Method 8: Raw potato
You can use a raw potato or onion to brighten up your crystal. Cut it in half. Rub it all over the glass surface you want to clean. Wipe with a microfiber cloth.
Tips to keep your glass objects clean
If your glasses are stuck to each other, just apply a bit of multipurpose oil or cooking oil between them until they become unstuck.