How to Avoid and Fix Runs in Your Tights
If you love wearing tights then it would be also useful to know a few tips on how to fix them quickly. It is so unpleasant when you are hurrying to get somewhere and you notice that there is a rip on your stockings. Still, there are a few things that you can use, that you probably have at home, to make the damage unnoticeable.
5-Minute Crafts will show you a few tricks on how to fix your tights or stop the runs from becoming bigger without using a needle and thread.
1. Use clear nail polish to stop the run.
- Remove the tights and place one hand underneath the hole (be sure that your skin is not touching the opening).
- Apply a thin layer of clear nail polish on the edges of the hole.
- Let it dry for 5 to 15 minutes.
- Flip it on the other side and repeat the same steps.
- Note: Always leave the tights to air-dry. The hot or from the hairdryer can weaken the fibers and damage the tights even more.
2. The hairspray method
Bonus: Tricks for avoiding runs on tights.
Tricks for avoiding runs in tights:
- Put them in the freezer after buying them. The cold will strengthen the fibers which will make them last longer.
- Hand-wash the tights. It is recommended to hand-wash this legwear since the fibers are too delicate for the washing machine.
- Buy the right size. Be careful not to purchase tights that are too small, even if you are in-between sizes it is better to buy the larger one.
- “Scrunch up the legs from hip to toe” method. This means that you should gather one leg of the tights, roll it up to the toe, and then put it on your feet. Gently pull the tights from toe to heel and then up your leg. Just watch out for your nails and clip any hangnails before putting the tights on.