How to Clean a Transparent Cell Phone Case
Cell phone covers tend to turn yellow quickly because they are in constant contact with our hands or with all kinds of dirty objects and surfaces.
When this happens, it’s possible to clean them, and 5-Minute Crafts will show you 3 methods to do it.
Method 1: Hand sanitizer
- Moisten a clean towel with a bit of hand sanitizer. If you don’t have any at home, you can also use rubbing alcohol or spray alcohol.
- Rub your cell phone case with the dampened towel in a thorough and circular motion.
- Dry the excess alcohol with a clean, dry towel or cloth.
- Wait at least one hour for the alcohol to dry completely before putting the case back on your phone.
Method 2: Liquid dish soap
1. Make a mixture of water and dish soap in a cup.
2. Moisten a clean toothbrush with the soap and water solution you just made. If you do not have a toothbrush, you can use a sponge or a cloth.
3. Rub the entire cover with the moistened toothbrush, including the most yellowed/dirty areas.
4. Rinse the case with clean water, making sure you get all the soap out. If you still see yellowish spots, repeat step 3.
5. With a clean towel, rub and dry the case trying to remove as much moisture as possible.
6. Wait at least one hour for the remaining liquid to dry before using the case again.
Method 3: Baking soda
1. Place your cell phone case on a clean surface or towel and spread the baking soda over the yellow/dirty spots. Be sure to cover the stains completely.
2. Rub the case with a clean, damp toothbrush in a circular motion. Be sure to scrub the yellowest areas thoroughly.
3. Rinse the cover with clean water under the tap. You can use the same toothbrush to clean the baking soda residue out of the case.
4. Dry the cover with a towel or a damp cloth. Try to dry as much moisture as possible to speed up the final drying process.