How to Make a Rope Out of a Plastic Bag
There might be a situation where a person needs a rope yet doesn’t have one. Fashioning one out of plastic bags is possible, and they are usually something we have laying around at home after grocery shopping.
For that reason, 5-Minutes Crafts has put together a guide on how to make a rope out of plastic bags.
Prepare for the process.
- Separate the bags by color, as this will make the braiding process slightly easier.
- Rip or cut the bags in half.
- At the bottom of each bag, cut a hole.
Create strands with your bags.
- You’ll need 2 bags for this.
- With bag 1: Pass it through the hole of bag 2, and wrap it around.
- Then pass bag 1 through its own hole, and pull it tight.
- Repeat the process of creating your bags’ strands, until you have 2 strands that are about 4 to 5 bags long.
Braid the strands.
1. Wrap the 2 strands around a fixed anchor, while offsetting the knots.
2. Braid them:
- For the 2 right and 2 left strands: Pass the right ones over the left and the left strands over to the right.
- For the middle ones: Pass the left strand over the right.
- Pull tight, and repeat until you reach your goal.
3. Tie a knot at the end of the rope and trim the excess plastic.