How to Make Paint for Children
Painting with your children can not only help them improve their creative skills, but it may also strengthen their memory. With that in mind, we at 5-Minute Crafts will teach you how to make paint at home, so that you can get started with your masterpieces.
- A spoon
- A bowl
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 1/2 cup of salt
- Plastic sandwich bags
- Liquid watercolor / Food coloring
- Squeeze bottles
- First, blend 1/2 cup of flour, the 1/2 cup of salt, in a bowl.
- Then, add 1/2 cup of water to the mixture.
- Lastly, mix it until it’s completely smooth.
- Divide the mixture into 3 equal portions and pour it into the sandwich plastic bags.
- Afterward, add just a few drops of your chosen liquid watercolor or food coloring to each of the bags.
Note: You should add different colors to each of the bags.
- Squish the bags to blend the paint with the mixture.
- If you want the paint to be thinner, adding more water to each bag will do the trick.
- To finish it up, cut one of the corners out of the bags and empty the paint into a squeeze bottle.
Note: It’s recommended to use Ziploc bags instead of regular plastic sandwich bags if your toddler is helping with this particular step.