How to Use Earplugs
Using earplugs can help you protect your ears from loud sounds, get a better night’s sleep, and keep water out when swimming. 5-Minute Crafts will tell you how to insert and remove foam and wax earplugs properly.
1. Wash your hands properly before touching your earplugs.
2. Then, carefully inspect your earplugs for any damage.
How to insert foam earplugs
2. Then, grab the top of your ear and gently pull it up and back with your other hand to open your ear canal.
❗ Don’t push the earplug as far as it can go because it might irritate your eardrum.
5. Check the fit — your voice should sound muffled, and most of the foam body of the earplug should be inside the ear canal. If the earplug starts to expand out of your ear, it’s probably inserted incorrectly.
To remove the earplug, slowly twist or move it side to side to break the seal with the ear canal and gently pull it out of your ear.
How to insert wax earplugs:
1. Take the earplug out of the wrapping.
2. Put the earplug in your closed fist and hold it there for 15-30 seconds until the plug gets soft.
3. Shape the plug into a cone and carefully insert it into your ear, avoiding hair.
4. Flatten the earplug with your fingers to form an airtight seal.
5. Check the fit — the earplugs shouldn’t be inserted inside your ear canal, they should only cover it.
To remove the earplug, slightly push behind your ear, grab the plug, and carefully pull it out.