15 Times Costume Designers Hid Massive Easter Eggs in Popular Movies
Many movie makers tend to add hidden clues in the scenes and props for viewers to find. But there are also geniuses in the film industry who make the costumes of the characters huge Easter eggs in themselves. Below, we have listed mindblowing costumes that may surprise you to the core.
1. “Stephen Spielberg wanted to direct a James Bond film, but Eon Studios said no. Then George Lucas and Stephen decided to create Indiana Jones, and in this scene, the protagonist is dressed as James Bond.” — © Unknown author / Reddit
2. “Wonder Woman’s (2017) blue dress is a nod to the 1975 Wonder Woman series.” — © dancingbanana123 / Reddit
3. “In Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, you can see that Ron’s robes are dingier/older than everyone else’s, as they are hand-me-downs.” — © Knottsville / Reddit
4. “In Inception, there is a debate regarding the climax, but whether it was real or not can be discovered by looking at Cobb’s wedding ring. In the real world, he has no ring, whereas the ring is present in the dreams. In the final scene, he has no ring, so the ’happy ending’ is reality.” — © EndlessEdvoid / Reddit
5. “In The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, The White Witch’s crown melts as her power dwindles.” — © FalconerGuitars / Reddit
6. “In Forrest Gump, when Jenny introduces Forrest to his son, they’re wearing the same outfits as Bert and Ernie and are also leaning to the left just like them.” — © jeihkeih / Reddit
7. “In the Harry Potter films, Voldemort’s robes faded in color every time a Horcrux was destroyed to give the impression that he was slowly fading away.” — © MrScottAnthony / Reddit
8. “In Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Dumbledore’s Army: All the girls are wearing skirts except Ginny (third from left) who is wearing pants; probably a hand-me-down from her brothers.” — © MariaRehan / Reddit
9. “In The Dark Knight Rises, Bruce did not wear a mask during the masked ball scene. This is because he considers Batman as his true identity and ’Bruce Wayne’ as his disguise in public. When Selina asked him, ’Who are you pretending to be?’ he replied, ’Bruce Wayne, eccentric billionaire.’” - © TouyaShiun / Reddit
10. “In Avengers: Endgame, Stan Lee’s cameo in the movie. His outfit was based on his real-life wardrobe from the 1970s. Looking fly in the movies and real life.” — © MJanvier95 / Reddit
11. “In Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Umbridge’s outfits become a darker shade of pink as she becomes more powerful. This is an official fact from the Warner Bros Studio Tour.” — © Tokyono / Reddit
12. “In Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II, Harry and Neville wore similar clothes during the Battle of Hogwarts to their fathers in an old picture.” — © agentma / Reddit
13. “In Coco, a skeleton is wearing Sid’s shirt from Toy Story.” — © Numerous-Lemon / Reddit
14. “A little detail that was brought back from Sam Raimi’s Spider-Man 1 in Spider-Man: No Way Home. Willem Dafoe wears prosthetics as Norman Osborn, but as the Goblin persona, he retains Dafoe’s natural, less perfect teeth.” — © CalmGameshow / Reddit
15. “In Encanto, Agustín’s outfit has a flower for Isabela, a sock with Luisa’s symbols, and another sock in the style of Mirabel’s embroidery. They are his 3 daughters.” — © Numerous-Lemon / Reddit
Bonus 1: Game of Thrones
In season 3, Daenerys Targaryen looked quite warrior-like. This is because at this point, she is her own person who is in control, and that signifies her stronger looks. And the blues on her outfits are not because she likes those colors. The color was chosen as a reference to Khal Drogo and the Dothraki. Blue was their special color, it’s a kind of tribute to them.
Bonus 2: Fight Club
A clue that shows that Tyler Durden is just an imaginary character is his costume. The outfits of the character in the movie always blended in with the surroundings. But with Tyler, his costumes were always of a contrasting shade, showing that he should not be there in the first place.