200 Tasks for “Truth or Dare?”
The “Truth or Dare?” game has existed for at least several hundred years. The first mentions we found of it are from 1712. It used to be called “Questions and Commands.” Some details were different from the modern version, but the goal was the same: give answers or do something on command.
We at 5-Minute Crafts decided to make things easier for the players and we’ve made lists of questions and actions.
The rules of “Truth or Dare?”
- It’s possible to play this game even if there are just 2 players. But it’s way more fun if there are a lot of people. Decide how you will take turns. You can spin a bottle or have the previous player choose the next one.
- Decide who goes first. Throw the dice or play “Rock, Paper, Scissors.” When the choice is made, ask the player, “Truth or dare?” If the player chooses truth, they will have to answer a question honestly, if they choose dare, they will have to do something. You can just go down the list or pick random pieces of paper from a hat. Once the player does everything, the turn goes to the next person.
- Talk about important nuances. For example, set a limit for “truth” or “dare” to be only 3 times in a row. Or give each player the right to refuse to do a task one time.
Questions for “Truth or Dare?”
1. What character quality would you like to change about yourself?
2. What purchase do you regret the most?
3. What was the most embarrassing moment of your life?
4. Describe your weirdest dream.
5. Who would you like to swap lives with for one week?
6. What do you get the most compliments for?
7. What would you never do no matter how much money you were offered?
8. Who, of the people in this room, do you think you could date?
9. What do you lack the most in your life?
10. What profession would you never try to learn?
11. What’s the craziest thing that has ever happened to you?
12. What do you think people think about you when they see you for the first time?
13. What have you learned from the characters of books?
14. What’s the stupidest thing you’ve done that everyone around you saw?
15. What is the first thing you would do if you became invisible?
16. If you could end up on a deserted island with one person, who would it be among the people in this room?
17. What was the last thing you Googled?
18. What would be the first thing you would do if you woke up in a body of a different gender?
19. What is your best and your worst habit?
20. What is the most romantic thing someone has done for you?
21. What’s your dream partner like? What should they be like?
22. What song do you sing often when you’re alone?
23. What do you like about each person in this room?
24. If you could listen to only one song for the rest of your life, what song would it be?
25. If you could be born again, what year would you choose?
26. Have you ever stared at someone? Who was it?
27. What are you most scared of?
28. The end of the world is next week and you can do anything you want. What would you do?
29. How far are you ready to go to date the partner of your dreams?
30. What cartoon could you watch over and over again?
31. Do you have any stupid nicknames?
32. If you could be any book character, who would you be?
33. What app on your phone do you spend the most time on?
34. Do you dance when you’re alone?
35. What song do you sing along with every time you hear it?
36. Is there a film everyone hates but you love?
37. If you could marry any celebrity, who would it be?
38. What kind of sport do you hate?
39. Have you ever revealed someone else’s secret?
40. What are you best at doing?
41. What is the scariest film you’ve ever seen?
42. What is something you’ve done that made you feel really proud of yourself?
43. If you were alone on the planet, what would you do?
44. What do you want to achieve in your life?
45. If you could be any cartoon character, who would you be?
46. Where would you like to travel?
47. What historical period would you like to live in?
48. What is the worst food, in your opinion?
49. How many times have you fallen in love?
50. If you had your own sigil (magic symbol), what would it be like?
51. What talent would you like to have?
52. What celebrity did you really like when you were a child?
53. Are you superstitious?
54. What movie have you’ve seen recently that made you cry?
55. If you were famous, what would you be famous for?
56. What is something you were scared of in childhood that you now think is silly?
57. Have you ever pretended you haven’t seen a text or missed a call?
58. Do you believe in love at first sight?
59. Have you ever been in a fight?
60. Can you recall the worst date you’ve ever had?
61. What was the most inappropriate time that you laughed?
62. Have you ever got an award you didn’t deserve?
63. What would your dream job be?
64. Do you talk to yourself when you look in the mirror?
65. What music do you secretly love?
66. If there was a movie made about you, what actor or actress would portray you?
67. What would you like to change about your appearance?
68. Who was the last person you said “I love you” to?
69. What words do you hate the most?
70. Which do you prefer — cold or heat?
71. If you could swap bodies with anyone in the world, who would it be?
72. What is the most expensive gift you’ve ever bought?
73. Would you like to be an astronaut or a movie star?
74. Which would you prefer to have — the ability to read people’s minds or the ability to communicate without words?
75. What haircut have you always wanted but were never brave enough to get?
76. What was the last promise you made?
77. What would you like to be better at?
78. Do you have idols? Who are they?
79. What book made you cry?
80. What could make you date your ex again?
81. Who among the people in this room made the worst first impression on you?
82. Have you ever sacrificed your principles for your soulmate?
83. What animal is most like you?
84. What is the weirdest trend you’ve supported?
85. Have you ever read someone’s texts without their permission?
86. What is the most important lesson we have to teach our children?
87. If you could eat only one dish until the end of your life, what would it be?
88. What is the best piece of advice you’ve ever gotten?
89. What surprises people the most when they meet you?
90. Would you like to have a different name? What would it be?
91. What is more important for you — vengeance or forgiveness?
92. Who in this room do you trust the most?
93. What are you most proud of?
94. When was the last time you read your ex’s posts online?
95. What nickname did you have when you were a child?
96. What was the worst gift you’ve ever gotten?
97. Would you like to start your life from the beginning? Why?
98. What movie would you like to appear in?
99. Do you still love any of your ex-partners?
100. What is the craziest thing you think you could do?
Dares for “Truth or Dare?”
1. Shout out the first word that comes to your mind right now.
2. Sing everything you want to say for the next 10 minutes.
3. Massage someone in this room.
4. Sing any song from start to finish.
5. Dance along to your favorite song.
6. Post a bad photo of yourself online. Let the other players choose it.
7. Say “banana” at the end of every sentence someone else says until it’s your turn again.
8. Act like a monkey until it’s your turn again.
9. Open any social media, go to the account of the first person you see, and like all of their posts.
10. Remember a popular commercial from the past. Repeat the motto or sing the song.
11. Jump until it’s your turn.
12. Close your eyes and let other players put any food into your mouth from the fridge.
13. Make up names of biopics about every player.
14. Let each player pick one word, write a message using the words, and publish it online.
15. Let someone tickle you.
16. Give your phone to the person in front of you and let them post anything they want on your social media account.
17. Do an impression of the person to the left of you.
18. Speak like a baby until it’s your turn.
19. Make a chicken sound at the beginning and the end of every sentence you say.
20. Say all the punctuation marks out loud as you speak, as if your words were written down.
21. Act like a fan and try to cheer up the next player.
22. Communicate only with animal noises until your next move.
23. Make eye contact with any of the players and don’t stop it until it’s your move.
24. Gargle until your move.
25. Use ketchup or lipstick to draw a sign on your forehead like Simba’s.
26. Open the nearest book to a random page and point at any sentence without looking. Send it to the last person that texted you.
27. Do 25 squats. Each time you squat, name a country, and don’t repeat yourself.
28. Show the last 5 photos on your phone to other players.
29. In the next 3 rounds, speak only in song lyrics.
30. Let others blindfold you. Then guess what they are giving you.
31. Dance like a ballet dancer for 2 minutes.
32. Speak only in whistling for the next 5 minutes.
33. Do an impression of any singer.
34. Do an impression of a basketball player scoring the winning point.
35. Hug the person on your left and don’t let go for 1 minute.
36. Suck your thumb for the next 3 rounds. Don’t forget to wash your hands.
37. Eat or drink something without using your hands.
38. Put both hands into another player’s pockets and keep them there for 15 minutes.
39. Send your partner the text, “I know what you did last summer.”
40. Make a parody of your favorite movie scene.
41. Try to reach your nose with your tongue. And your elbow.
42. Sit on another player’s lap until the end of the round.
43. Dance tango with anything in the room.
44. Sit in the closet or under the table until your next move.
45. Give yourself compliments in front of the mirror without laughing or smiling.
46. Dance for 30 seconds.
47. Stand on a chair and recite any poem you can remember.
48. Do the funky chicken dance.
49. Do the Michael Jackson moonwalk.
50. Take a piece of clothing off.
51. Make up a short story where all the people in the room have roles.
52. Imagine that you are a Disney villain. Laugh with your scariest laugh.
53. Surprise everyone: do a magic trick.
54. Bark at someone looking out the window.
55. Dance a national dance.
56. Draw a mustache on your face. Keep it until the end of the game.
57. Make up a story with the words “woman,” “kangaroo,” “heat,” “broom,” and “swimsuit.”
58. Say something nice about someone in the room.
59. Draw one of the players with your eyes closed. Others have to guess who it is.
60. Show a position you fall asleep in.
61. Make up a suitable nickname for each player.
62. Do an impression of a celebrity so that everyone can guess who it is.
63. Make up a love story using the words “soil,” “chicken,” “tomato.”
64. Explain love at first sight without words.
65. Show care toward someone for 3 rounds.
66. Make other players pick a word you can’t use for the entire rest of the game.
67. Make up a new name for each player that suits them better than their real name.
68. Make a commercial about yourself.
69. Imagine that you are a bodybuilder. Show 10 positions.
70. Read the last few texts you received out loud.
71. Give a gift to the player on your left.
72. “Voice” your favorite animal.
73. Lift up one of the players.
74. Wish one of the players something that will come true within a week.
75. Make any request of any of the players right now.
76. Give someone advice on how to be successful.
77. Say something to each player that they don’t expect to hear.
78. Speak in a squeaky voice for the next 3 rounds.
79. Speak with gestures for the next round.
80. Clean the shoes of the person to your right.
81. Speak with your tongue out of your mouth for 3 rounds.
82. In the next 30 minutes, say “Oh, please!” and roll your eyes every time someone uses expletives.
83. Copy someone’s actions for the next round.
84. Open the nearest book to any page and point at any sentence. Show what’s written in gestures. Everyone else has to guess.
85. Describe the eye color of each player without using the color names.
86. Until the end of the game, every time you want to address someone, use “My precious.”
87. Act like a statue for the next round. You can’t move or speak.
88. Take everyone’s phones and don’t give them back until the end of the game.
89. Sit on a chair as if you’re on a horse. Do an impression of a warrior fighting.
90. When someone laughs in the next 10 minutes, do an impression of their laughter, but 2 times louder.
91. Let the other players set any picture as your avatar on social media. Don’t change it until the next day.
92. Make up a wish for all the participants using words that start with a “T.”
93. Smile until it’s your move.
94. Sit in an extremely uncomfortable position and stay there until your move.
95. Close your eyes and guess who it is by touching everyone in the room.
96. Use online slang for the next 15 minutes.
97. Show everyone one of the moles hidden under your clothes.
98. Move in slow motion for the next 3 rounds.
99. Sing songs with the words, “high,” “light,” “shore,” “morning,” “my.”
100. Make up a task for each player.