12 Ways to Show a Girl You Love Her: Make Your Girlfriend Happy
Do you want to know how to show a girl you love her? There are many nice things you can do and cute things to say to your girlfriend. We’ve prepared a list of tips to help you make your woman happy.
1. Prioritize her.
We live in a fast-paced world. Work, family, house chores, friends, hobbies — it all takes time that we need to invest in. Time is one of the most valuable resources that we can have and investing it in a relationship shows that we love that person. So, telling her that you made yourself available will make your girlfriend feel special. Here are some tips on how you can do that.
- Clearing your schedule so you can go on a date with her.
- Spend some quality time with her and plan the date ahead of time.
- Think about the activities she would like and include them.
- Be affectionate, hold her hand, hug her, and cuddle with her.
If you have a busy week, you can always share that with her too. It will seem polite and she can also understand that you are making time for her and you love her. In that case, you can say:
- “I am having a very hectic week but I would love to spend some quality time with you. Are you free for dinner Friday night?”
- “I had a wonderful time with you on our last date. I will be busy during the workdays, however, I’d love to make plans to see you again on Sunday.”
2. Listen to her and value her opinion.
People love when they feel heard and respected. If she is sharing some views or an opinion about a topic, be attentive. Try to be an active listener:
- Make eye contact with her: by facing her and looking her in the eyes, she will feel like she has your full attention.
- Don’t interrupt her: people don’t like being interrupted and it can actually be rude. Make her feel comfortable when expressing her opinion by letting her finish her thoughts. In this way, she won’t get distracted, and you will be able to understand her point.
- Don’t judge: at some point, your opinions will probably differ, which is completely normal. However, imposing your views won’t give you the best result. Try to understand why she thinks the way she does.
- Don’t plan your reply: stay focused on what she is talking about.
Ask her questions, this way, you’ll show her that you listened to her. Even if you don’t understand some points, you can ask her to clarify them. It is important that she feels her ideas matter to you.
- “What do you think about [topic]?”
- “How did you feel in that (certain) situation, and what did you do?”
- “What would you do differently?”
3. Compliment her and give verbal affirmations.
Giving compliments is a unique chance to praise the person you love, share warmth and make her feel seen and cared for. Standard, lighthearted, and witty compliments are always a plus, but if you are looking for ways to compliment her in a meaningful way and show love, you might take the next key points into consideration.
Use the right words: try to recognize things about her that don’t get noticed often, something that is unique about her. You can compliment her traits or way of thinking, and even her positive habits and behavior. It can be a situation she handled well, like:
- “I like that you rushed to help your friend yesterday. You’ve shown that you are dependable and empathetic.”
Mind the dose: be mindful when it comes to the length. Excessive complimenting can seem fake or even forced. Be realistic and point out the nice things that you really see.
- “I think it is impressive that you are studying and working. It shows you are really dedicated to your goals.”
Be authentic: think about things she doesn’t hear every day, something that stands out and can make her feel seen.
- "You have a very pleasant energy and you make people feel comfortable around you. I really like that.
4. Show interest in things she loves.
Many people would agree that common interests make a solid foundation for a happy relationship. It can also make your bond stronger and more special. You can spend your time together enjoying a movie, going on a bike ride, or listening to some good music at an open-air concert.
Even if your interests don’t match in the beginning — this could be a good opportunity for you to broaden your horizons and take up a new hobby. Start by asking the basic question What are your interests and hobbies? She could then say, for example, skiing. Then, you can learn more about it by asking some follow-up questions. You can always point out how her interest sounds captivating.
- “When did you start skiing and what makes it so special for you?”
- “It sounds exciting! I would love to try it. Tell me more about it.”
5. Introduce her to people you love.
Another thing you can do when it comes to building the foundation for a strong relationship with your girlfriend is to introduce her to other important people in your life that you love. It offers a chance for her to integrate further into your social network, get to know you better, and become connected to you on a deeper level.
She will also feel valued once she is a member of your inner circle and not left out. As a long-term plan, you want to make sure your girlfriend and the people you love, at the very least, tolerate each other, as they are all important people in your life and they might spend a lot of time together in the future on different occasions. Like in this case:
- “It has been some time since we were together and we are getting along pretty well. It would mean a lot to me if you would come to my parents’ barbeque this Saturday.”
6. Be proud of her and acknowledge her achievements.
Everyone likes to be appreciated. Knowing that we are liked, seen, and valued can deepen our purpose and we can get a sense of self-worth. There is a similar analogy that can be used in relationships — so do not hesitate to recognize and validate the good things your girlfriend does.
It can be as simple as her helping you with some basic things, like preparing breakfast. Simple words of appreciation can make her feel good.
- “Thank you for making me a delicious breakfast, it made me feel cared for.”
You can also acknowledge her personal accomplishments that don’t include you. Don’t be afraid to show her off in front of her friends. You can see the best in her and you can also make other people see it too.
- “Did you know Anna studies medicine? She wants to be a doctor one day, isn’t that amazing?”
7. Show her you think about her when you are not together.
When you are together, it is probably simpler to come up with stuff to enjoy together and you can easily show your love with kisses, hugs, and compliments. However, relationships take time and a lot of work. The effort should continue even when you are not physically together.
Sure, you had fun on your date — but show your girlfriend you are still thinking about her. Reassure her that you had a blast and that you want to see her again soon. You can call her or send her a simple but warm text message. Selfies, voice messages, and flowers can also be great options.
- “I’ve been thinking about you and I miss you. Moments with you are so precious and I can’t wait to see you again.”
8. Give her a thoughtful gift.
Most people will feel surprised and happy when they receive a gift that is a clear sign of love. However, if you want to let your girlfriend know that you care about her, the present has to be personalized.
Chocolate and flowers are nice, but to send a deeper message, think about things she really likes. If she loves watching plays, buy her front-row tickets for a theater show. Or a glass figurine that she noticed in a shop window. Pay attention to details and things she needs or is planning to buy.
- “I saw how much you liked this bracelet that we saw the other day in the mall, so I wanted to surprise you with this special gift.”
9. Don’t ignore things that bother her.
Ignoring problems isn’t a smart move. That applies to relationships too. If your girlfriend wants to share something that is bothering her, listen and try to find a solution to the issue. Make her feel secure by saying that she can always tell you what’s on her mind in a respectful manner and that you will both work on it.
This will show her that you are dedicated to the relationship and that you take her seriously. Always bear in mind that not acknowledging issues can lead to frustration, disagreements, and even resentment, so it is important to address them in a timely manner. There is no better way of showing love than being reliable.
- “I know we’ve been both stressed out lately, and I understand you have a lot on your mind — I feel the same, too. But I want to make this work, so let’s please talk about this and tell me what is bothering you.”
10. Do not compare her to others.
Comparing your girlfriend with other women won’t bring any good to your relationship. Whether it is about her physical appearance, educational level, financial status, or personality traits, it will only make her feel insecure and vulnerable.
Instead, you should make her feel like she is the only girl in the world for you, that she is always your number one choice and that she is a truly unique person in your life that you don’t want to lose. Focus on the positive qualities that your partner has to offer otherwise you’ll miss out on many great things.
- “You are the only and the best girl for me.”
- “I am so lucky that I have found you, you make my life feel like magic.”
- “You are the most beautiful woman in the world and I’m so lucky that I am with you.”
- “I am so blessed to wake up next to you and to see your wonderful smile first thing in the morning.”
11. Be vulnerable in front of her.
Being vulnerable in front of the person we love could seem like a risk but it can show you where your relationship is. Being able to show your emotions and weak side to your girlfriend isn’t easy but it will allow her to get to know the real you.
On the other hand, you will feel more comfortable being your true self in front of her, which will lead to a much healthier relationship. Like in many other examples, communication is the key here, so be open about your feelings and emotions to build a real authentic love bond.
- “I’ve been hurt in the past and I am afraid it will happen again. I want to explain my fears to you so you can understand me better.”
- “This really makes me feel insecure and makes me question myself. Please, let’s talk about it.”
12. Be her rock and support her.
Whether she is going through a tough time, starting a new job, or experiencing some other challenges, be there for her and let her know she is not alone. Inspire her during the moments of doubt, and let her know that she can count on you and that you believe in her and love her. Life will always have its ups and downs, but if she knows you are by her side, everything will seem easier.
Being able to care for your girlfriend is the most wonderful gift and knowing you are going through hardships together is one of the ultimate ways to show your love for her.
- “I’ve noticed you seemed stressed lately. What can I do to help you?”
- “Please tell me what makes you feel upset so we can fix it together.”
- “We are a team. We share beautiful moments together, but we also share sad times. I want you to know you are not alone in this because I love and care for you.”
Bonus: Find somebody who will really excite or inspire you.
It’s really important to fall in love with a person who is also your best friend. Sharing and caring about each other and doing fun activities can only strengthen the relationship. As one of our favorite celebrity couples said, “If I’m not with somebody who really excites or inspires me, then I’d rather be by myself.” Being in a relationship with your best friend can literally show you the true meaning of love.
What’s the best relationship advice you’ve ever gotten? What do you tell your girlfriend to make her feel loved?