How to Create a Spa-Like Experience at Home
You don’t have to go to a spa-salon to get a spa-like experience, you can pamper yourself at home. This way, you can choose the treatment and its duration, and create an atmosphere that is suitable just for you. Besides, a spa treatment is a great idea for a romantic evening. At home, no one will bother you, and you will be able to fully enjoy each other’s company.
5-Minute Crafts would like to tell you how to create a spa-like experience at home, from how to choose beauty products to how to perform treatments.
1. Clean and organize your future spa zones.
Clean your bathtub well and organize the shelves. Prepare clean towels and warm them up if possible. To do this, hang them on a warm towel radiator or put them into a tumble dryer. It’s best to warm your towels right before the spa treatment.
Professional salons usually have several spa zones. At home, you can also use more rooms than just the bathroom. In the bedroom, for example, you can arrange a room for relaxation and massage. Don’t forget to tidy up the second room and prepare some more fresh towels.
2. Create a suitable atmosphere
- Define a specific time in your schedule and turn on the silent mode on your phone during this time. Let no one bother you during this special evening.
- Prepare a playlist with the sounds of nature or relaxing music.
- Light decorative candles, an aroma lamp, or set up a diffuser with a suitable scent. To relieve stress, use lavender, chamomile, and cedar. For a toning effect, use peppermint and orange.
- Prepare bathrobes that you can wrap up in after the relaxing treatments.
3. Prepare snacks and drinks
Many spa salons offer refreshing drinks and light snacks. You can prepare a small buffet for your home spa too. Drinks may include fruit juice, homemade lemonade, and soothing tea like mint or sea buckthorn tea. Snacks may include cookies, light sandwiches, cereal bars, and fruit. Place them on your bathroom cabinet or bring in a small table from another room.
4. Plan your treatments
You can include a few treatments in your spa day from the list below:
5. Choose the proper beauty products
Prepare beauty products that you’ll need during the chosen treatments. They can be products and tools for a manicure and pedicure, different exfoliants, masks, and wraps. You may also need:
6. Prepare the bath
A relaxing bath is an optional part of a home spa. You can easily replace it with a shower with aromatic gel, or you can make soaks for individual parts of the body — hands or feet. However, if you still can’t imagine a home spa without a hot tub, here are some tips for you:
- Fill the tub with water that is a comfortable temperature. It shouldn’t be too hot or too cold. It’s optimal if the skin will tingle slightly from the heat at the beginning of the treatment. This way, the water will remain warm throughout the entire treatment.
- Depending on your preference, add sea salt, bath foam, a few drops of essential oil, or simply dissolve a bath bomb.
- If you’re making a spa treatment for one and you’re worried about getting bored in the bathtub, grab your favorite magazine or book.
- Make this pleasant time useful: Apply face and hair masks while taking a bath.
7. Follow your plan
Perform your spa treatment according to the plan you’ve made. If you haven’t made up your mind yet, we prepared 2 approximate home spa treatments that you can use as an example.
Spa treatment for one:
Manicure and pedicure with a foot soak
Facial skin cleansing and exfoliation
Relaxing bath with sea salt
Nourishing face and hair masks
Shower with an aromatic body scrub
Application of moisturizing products to your face and body
Spa treatment for 2:
Relaxing bath with a colorful bath bomb
Shower with a sculpting mask and dry-brushing
Toning body wrapping
Moisturizing face mask
Moisturizing spa socks and gloves
Relaxing full-body massage with massage oil